- A true guru will never demand any money or gifts from his devotees for giving initiation. The true meaning of "Dakshina" or "Guru Dakshina" refers to the offering of your mind and soul to Guru's teachings and mission.
- Guru, as such, is the provider of the force or speed to lead his devotees to the path of realization of the Creator. More than the disciples, the responsibility of the Guru is greater.
ONE WORLD, ONE RELIGION
In this manifest world of matter and spirit all the living beings are governed by the same natural process of birth, life and death. Our true ancestors are the key elements of Nature - the space, air, fire, water, earth, and the solar system from which we have originated.
The cosmic tune of this creation flows in everything. The stream of consciousness is all pervading. In this changing world, nothing is traceable when probed. Not even us. Who sees, who am I, where from have we come, and where are we going. But Nature has not hidden anything from us.
True religion is an open book of Nature accessible to all the living beings of this planet. It has no language, so to speak. Anybody can follow its principles by keenly observing it.
Every living being has been endowed by Nature with a physical body and a perceptive mind full of consciousness, awareness, thoughts, sensation, feeling, and emotion so that we can unfold the mysteries of this creation and realize its purpose. No one is superior or inferior. All are born equal.
This manifest world is not unreal. If this visible world of matter and life is unreal then everything else, including our conscience, mind, thoughts, knowledge, realization, etc. are also unreal. Anything real cannot come out of unreal. So the realm of religion cannot be removed from the realm of reality. Reality is true religion and this visible world is very much real.
All the living beings of this planet are the pilgrims of the great Void. Being and Nothingness are the two faces of the great Void. Division and discrimination of mankind in the name of religion is malicious, and is the root cause of all human suffering. True religion is the echo of humanity, unity, harmony, equality, oneness, and universality.
SRI SRI THAKUR
Thakur's Vedic Ideals
- Thakur's Vedic Ideals are based on science, logic, mathematics and universal tune. He is trying to awaken the inner consciousness of the people, liberating them from superstition and dogma.
- Thakur says that no one is entitled to claim any credit for any invention here. We are all a carrier and a propagator of the universal truth. Like sun,moon, planets and stars, we are all workers of this great universe.
- Just as the tape recorder is not the singer, we are also not the discoverer of anything. Everything exists here for a purpose. We are a part of the tune of the eternal music and flowing with it.
- Our desire to reveal the Nature's truth is also Nature's inherent gift because the object of Nature is to express and reveal her eternal tune to all.
What is Life
Sri Sri Thakur said, "Combination of everything is Life". Matter disintegrates and gives rise to new shapes and this goes on to eternity. Just as Government is a combination of several individuals, when taken up individually, everyone is a public servant, so Brahma is also the composite whole. But when we try to observe Brahma critically, it disintegrates. It loses its cohesiveness or oneness. Brahma is combination of all these component parts and we all are established in Brahma. Every living creature is the abode of endless power. Once you realize yourself, you will come to realize the mysteries of the universe. There is nothing new to be achieved. It is the known which has to be realised. Dilemma is a part of parcel of life. Follow your conscience - it is the rudder of our life-boat. You should act according to your conscience. Be guided by it and follow its command. Conscience is the only tangible God present in your heart. Disputes and differences arise because we refuse to obey the dictates of our conscience."
Sri Sri Thakur spoke of revolution many a times. He said that "The object of revolution is not fighting or killing. Revolution is for construction and not destruction of society. The object is love and peace, not hatred and chaos. Every attempt to change is a revolution". Through evolution, revolution and constant change, Nature is giving us an indication that it has no decay, no dissolution, no beginning and no end and also cautions us to follow the eternal principles of Nature. Sri Sri Thakur emphasized the need to maintain equality among all living beings. He often cited the harmonious movement of stars and planets in the galaxy as an example of mutual co-operation. He preached the ideals of Vedic Communism as the true form of governance based on universal laws of Nature.
Formation of a classless society based on equal rights and responsibilities like the members of a large joint family, is true socialism. In order to make it feasible the people are to be made conscious of their rights. The existing system prevailing in our society based on inequality, exploitation and abuse of public wealth by a selected few depriving the common man of their rights must be uprooted. Extermination of the exploiters irrespective of their position or influence and awakening of the common man is called for. Revolution will automatically break out as per the laws of Nature. In the greater interest of the nation and the society unity will grow up spontaneously.
At the same time, Sri Thakur said, "The wicked will certainly be destroyed. There is bound to occur a major uprising and unrest in our society as the present social order and arrangement cannot carry on like this. Widespread corruption in the administration, commercialization of religion and places of worship, hoarding and price rigging of the essential commodities, rampant poverty and beggary in the society, misuse of public funds, adulteration of food and medicines, and many such social evils have crippled our society in every respect. The common man will rise to change the present system and set-up so that it falls in line with the Nature's principles of equality, harmony and order. A social revolution is looming, and is on the horizon. I have laid the structure of social transformation and mass awakening by making the common man aware of true religion. The results are bound to materialize. The road to revolution may be a warlike episode, but the object is not destruction or killing but to reform the society on the Vedic ideals of equality, harmony, order, unity, justice, freedom and brotherhood."
An Inborn Guru
Sri Sri Thakur is a Janmasiddha Guru. He said, "Here I may be a beggar, but despite the insults and harassment, I have not deviated from my truth and principle. I shall present to you such doctrine that has never been unfolded or seen the light so far. I doubt if there is anything superior to this. My doctrines are not only meant for mankind but for the entire living beings." He said, "When we live under the same Sun, and the Moon, and breathe the same Air, why we should not have one Universal Religion."
Guru and Disciple
The relationship of a Guru and disciple is like the relationship of a parent and child. There is no question of give and take. The Guru is pleased simply by enlivening his disciples. Guru's life itself will manifest in his teachings and divinity. His movements, activities and thoughts are tuned and integrated with Nature. His teachings are for all and for all times. A true Guru will never demand any money, favor or gift from his disciples. Guru Dakshina (Offering to a Master) means an offering by the disciples of their mind into their Guru's work and mission.
Ram Narayan Ram
Each of the letters of this holy Name "Ram Narayan Ram" represents the sound of millions in the universe. When one chants this name, one remembers the entire universe. Just as your name represents you entirely, the name Ram Narayan Ram represents the entire universe. Ram Narayan Ram are not the names of any god or gods. With singing of this Naam and chanting of Mantra (Japa), the gateway to enlightenment is thrown open. The more the speed of Japa increases the greater is the unfolding of the enlightenment.
WORK IS WORSHIP
Work is Religion. Work is worship. The sun, moon, planets and the stars and other forces and elements of the great space are working and serving us from the beginning of this creation in a wonderful way and without any desire for anything. The earth, water, air, fire and the sky are all devoted to their work and duty in a spirit of service to others. They are our true ancestors. There is no conflict or division or discrimination in their work. There is no give and take in their service to us. They are performing their duty perfectly. Service to others is religion. This is the primary lesson of true religion. True religion consists in faithful and selfless discharge of our worldly duties. Our duty consists in maintaining this universal order, unity, harmony, and peace.
Visitors Of Site
Your IP: 184.108.40.206
Today: Jul 24, 2014
Welcome to our site on Thakur Sri Sri Balak Brahmachari. This is not an official website of Balak Brahmachari Organization. The information in this website is intended to provide a general outline of Thakur Sri Sri Balak Brahmachari's life and messages. The contents herein should neither be regarded as comprehensive nor sufficient for a complete understanding of Sri Sri Thakur's eventful life, subtle philosophical teachings and profound messages.
As most of Sri Sri Thakur's original lectures, discourses and publications are in the Bengali language, their accurate English translation is difficult and complicated on our part. No translation of Sri Sri Thakur's teachings can bring out the dignity and grace of the original. Sri Sri Thakur's intensity of utterance and magic of phrase are difficult to recapture in another medium.
I am much indebted to several direct disciples of Sri Sri Thakur who have authored publications on life and teachings of Sri Sri Thakur, and to many of them for their valuable guidance.
My humble efforts will be amply rewarded if the contents of this website enables the general seekers and followers of Sri Sri Thakur to get a glimpse of Sri Sri Thakur's life and messages.
As the information contained herein is intended to provide general information, we shall not be held responsible for any inaccuracy or any loss sustained by any person on the information contained herein. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Please use the feedback form given at the end.
Ram Narayan Ram
ABOUT SRI SRI THAKUR
Janmasiddha Thakur Sri Sri Balak Brahmachari was born in undivided India in a village named Medini Mondal, in the town of Bikrampur, Dacca, now in Bangladesh in 1920. Sri Sri Thakur preached the ideals of Ancient Vedas. In his young days he was called by the local people as Balak Thakur or Balak Gosain, meaning a Boy Saint or Child God. Balak Brahmachari is not his Ashram Name or a title given by anyone. His followers and local people who knew him and had witnessed Sri Sri Thakur's supernatural powers right from his infancy days called him so. His birth name is Birendra Chandra Chakraborty. His childhood days were spent in Ujanchar-Krishnanagar in Bangladesh. Sri Sri Thakur moved to Kolkata after India's partition in 1947. He began addressing religious public meetings giving an entirely novel and scientific concept about religion based on Adi (Ancient) Vedas. His messages of Vedas are based on science, logic, mathematics and universal tune. From the age of five years, Sri Sri Thakur has been preaching the invaluable eternal truths free of all dogmas, superstition, and bondage of convention. Sri Sri Thakur's messages of the Vedas are not just confined within the scriptures or texts of the four Vedas, Upanishads, or other religious scriptures. His Vedas cover a much wider field, a more comprehensive dimension, where true knowledge manifests itself amidst Nature's infinite tune. He is free from all rigidities of dogmas, isms, and sectarianism. Sri Sri Thakur's birth was in fulfilment of the prophecy made by Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu to his maternal uncle, Sri Bishnu Das Thakur, more than 500 years ago that He (Lord Chaitanya) will appear again in His uncle's thirteenth generation as his nephew. Sri Sri Thakur was that promised appearance, born with divine powers that attracted millions of people from all walks of life. Attracted by his supernatural powers and profound messages, his followers and devotees grew in numbers so rapidly that in a day he had to meet thousands of devotees from sunrise to late night wherever he went. Sri Sri Thakur initiated millions of his disciples and devotees irrespective of their caste, creed, color or country. The Holy Name RAM NARAYAN RAM has been given by Sri Sri Thakur for group chanting that carries great spiritual force with a view to unite one and all, not only spiritually, but also to reform the society on the principles of Ancient Vedic Ideals.
Veda means knowledge, or to know. It refers to knowledge directly heard (Shruti) at the beginning of the world cycle. Vedas contain original knowledge. Vedas are a gift to mankind so that they may know who they are, how they got here, how this world works and how to utilize this life for the best advantage. Vedas first teach us how to regulate society and ordinary work. Vedas is based on materialism. Vedas is universal as it based on science, logic, mathematics and nature's primordial tune of creation. The great sages and saints of India could by constant research and investigation understand a bit of Vedic knowledge. The ancient Vedas were created by the great space that is the repository of all knowledge. Sri Sri Thakur refers to this original Vedas in his messages. Sri Sri Thakur said that just by reading the Vedas, one cannot be a Vedist. A true Vedist must be in tune with the Vedas and must study and digest the book of Nature.
Why Ram Narayan Ram
THE ESSENCE OF VEDIC COMMUNISM
The key philosophy of the Ancient Vedas is equality and harmony for all the living creatures of this world. Vedic Communism ensures equal rights to all and does not permit individualistic or monopolistic influence to grow in the society. In Vedas-based Communism there is no personality cult and hero worship. There is no party politics. Society is not divided into different groups based on political party, class or community. In Vedic Communism there is no place for a “ruling class”. There is no social discrimination on the basis of gender, wealth, income, status, power, education, caste, race or creed. Entire mankind is treated as one race. This world of ours with all its living beings is a one large family. Even today, our children grasp alphabets by looking at the images of animals – C for Cat, D for Dog, E for Elephant, G for Giraffe, T for Tiger, and so on.
According to Sri Balak Brahmachari, Vedas-based communism is comprehensive, for instance, we talk about our home when we are in our own town or locality. When we go to another town or locality, we first mention the name of our locality from where we come. So the locality becomes our home. When we go to another State, we talk about our State from where we come. So the State becomes our home. When we go to another country, we mention about our country as our homeland. So the country becomes our home. If you travel to another planet, you will say you are from Earth. So you see how the entire planet becomes your home. One Earth – One Home – One Family is the heart of Vedas.
Vedic Communism ensures equitable distribution of wealth among all - from each according to his ability and to each according to his needs. There is no surplus or scarcity. Everything belongs to the community. There is no conflict between rulers and subjects, haves and haves-not. Everyone is a member of the national family and have equal right to the national wealth and prosperity.
SRI SRI THAKUR ON WORSHIP
I worship knowledge and virtue. My preaching is not limited to any country or period. My meditation is to unfold the universal tune of this creation. I am not a so-called Guru or Brahmachari of any sect or ashram, nor I have arrived here to become a Guru by meditation. I do not pose as God or Avatar (Divine Incarnation). I follow the laws of this creation in every sphere of my life. I want to unify everyone with the help of this universal tune and free mankind from the shackles of superstition and imaginary religion.
What the Vedas Say...
- In the Vedic times, each and everybody, be he king or a subject, rich or poor, were associated with the profession of agriculture. Agriculture used to be considered as a holy profession in the Vedic Age. That is why even God Krishna is portrayed in our scriptures as a cowherd with a flute on the agricultural field.
- The Vedas say that not a single soul must pass a day without food. There must not be beggary in society. In the Vedic Age, perfect order was maintained by an equitable food distribution system. It was customary for people to invite and feed their guests willingly and lovingly.
- In the Vedic age, there was no hoarding of food items or any essential items. The Vedas declared hoarders as devils. They were treated as exploiters and punished severely.
- The Vedic Age was the real golden age of India. The society was governed on the principles of Vedic Communism, based on equality, harmony, justice and righteousness. It was a classless society.
Work is Religion
In this great space, the sun, moon, planets, stars and core elements of the Nature are all working tirelessly to sustain the creation. Through their ceaseless work, myriads of creation are continually taking place. Be it the solar system, the inanimate world, the living world, or everything is engaged in ceaseless work. Everyone, including the gods and goddesses mentioned in the religious scriptures of the world, are engaged in work and through their work became super beings. Work is worship. The Vedas greatly honored the workers. Vedas declared that workers are the pillars of the society. As workers we sustain the society, while eternal workers, like the sun, earth, water, air, etc., uphold the creation. So, Work is Religion.
The Universe of Sound
Sound is Brahma. The mixed, confused and a humming noise of a busy marketplace when heard from a height, and the core sound of the Universe, are alike. That original humming sound is within us which finds expression from one's birth to death (such as in the waiting by a newborn child and in the gasping at the last stage of a man). By complete absorption we have our inner tone mingled with the Universal Tune and thus have mastery over all the tunes. In this universal tune lies the tone of the Creator. Through that tune we shall realize everything, including our identity. Sound pervades the Core and the Cosmos. With the use of words, our mind as a sound wave continues to advance. In the process, sound assumes a form. The Japa, Name chanting, meditation, etc., are all performed through the medium of words, which are Sound.
THAKUR SRI SRI BALAK BRAHMACHARI MAHARAJ
ARRIVING IN THE THIRTEENTH GENERATION OF CHAITANYA MAHAPRABHU'S MATERNAL UNCLE BISHNU DAS THAKUR'S LINEAGE AS A NEPHEW WITH UNENDING MANIFESTATION OF SUPERNATURAL POWERS, SRI SRI THAKUR BALAK BRAHMACHARI MAHARAJ HOLDS BEFORE THE WORLD THE ESSENCE OF TRUE RELIGION BASED ON THE ORIGINAL AND ANCIENT VEDAS, FREE FROM ALL DOGMAS AND SUPERSTITION. SRI SRI THAKUR'S DIVINE MESSAGES OF ETERNAL TRUTHS ARE FIRMLY ESTABLISHED ON THE PRINCIPLES OF SCIENCE, LOGIC, MATHEMATICS AND THE UNIVERSAL TUNE THAT VIBRATES IN EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE.
SRI SRI THAKUR CARRIED WITH HIM SPIRITUAL EXCELLENCE AND UNIVERSAL WISDOM RIGHT FROM HIS CHILDHOOD YEARS. YOGIC POWERS WERE HIS INBORN POSSESSION. RUNNING ON THE RIVER WATER, VANISHING AND APPEARING IN THE FAR DISTANT PLACES IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE, CURING CHRONIC DISEASES WITH HIS TOUCH AND GRACE, PREDICTING FUTURE EVENTS IN A SIMPLISTIC WAY, ETC., WERE MERE CHILD PLAY WITH SRI THAKUR. BALAK BRAHMACHARI IS NOT HIS ASHRAM NAME OR A TITLE GIVEN BY ANYONE. HE WAS AFFECTIONATELY CALLED BALAK THAKUR OR BALAK GOSAIN (CHILD GOD OR BOY SAINT) BY HIS FOLLOWERS IN HIS INFANT DAYS. HE WAS CALLED BY THAT NAME EVEN WHEN HE GREW UP AND BECAME A WELL KNOWN.
MOST OF THE FRIENDS OF HIS BOYHOOD DAYS, HIS SCHOOLMATES, HIS TEACHERS AND HEADMASTERS, RELATIVES, AND CO-VILLAGERS - ALSO BECAME HIS DIRECT DISCIPLES AND DEVOTEES. THIS IS SOMETHING NOT HEARD OF IN THE LIFE OF ANY SPIRITUAL MASTER WHO LIVED ON THIS EARTH.
SRI SRI THAKUR WAS BORN IN 1920 IN A VILLAGE CALLED MEDINI MONDAL, IN THE TOWN OF BIKRAMPUR, DACCA, IN BANGLADESH, AND LATER MOVED TO KOLKATA, INDIA AFTER BENGAL'S PARTITION IN 1947. AFTER STAYING IN DIFFERENT PLACES IN KOLKATA, HE SETTLED DOWN IN THE OUTSKIRTS OF NORTH KOLKATA AT SUKCHAR, 24 PARGANAS AS HIS FOLLOWERS GREW RAPIDLY IN THOUSANDS.
When asked about his mission, Sri Sri Thakur said that "I have come to establish truth and knowledge, resurrect the ideals of original Vedas, expose imaginary religion based on dogmas and superstition that has crippled the human mind and our society in all respects.The truth remains unchanged. If your power of vision is all-right, you can see everything clearly and nicely in the light that is available. But if your power of vision is defective you cannot see anything, however powerful the light may be."
According to Sri Sri Thakur, "Religion is one and indivisible. It is a science and cannot be separated by individuals, communities or countries. It is timeless, boundless and eternal. Life itself is a Religion. The true significance of gods and goddesses, idol worship and festivals have been lost and people are now totally blinded by superstition and prejudice. This is the main cause of all social evils. The essence of Vedic religion is to protect the truth and to destroy the untrue and harmful."
He declared that "This creation is not without a cause. Nature, in different ways, through innumerable conditions and live examples, explains that you will have to return to the state in which you originally existed and that real happiness, peace and bliss lies in that state. If the universal tune of the infinite void, inherently existing in everyone, is realized and constantly played in one's body, then the great cosmic tune, which is the source of this creation, will most certainly resonate into everyone. In this universe everything gets merged in the great void on final analysis. This Void may be materially empty, but it is spiritually full. The Void carries air, light, sun, and sound. But when searched, we cannot trace anything. We must meditate on the Great Void, always - DHAYET-CHHUNYAM-AHARNISHAM", said Sri Thakur.
Sri Sri Thakur said, "If you observe closely, the rules of mathematics - of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division - is continually going on in your life. Everyone has to work out the result of the life's great problems. The tune of equality and harmony of the world is also embedded in the rules of mathematics. The entire universe is governed by mathematics and its rhythm. Like in mathematics, everyone uses the same rules, so in this world everyone is governed by the same laws of this universe. Everyone comes within the range of same rhythm, tempo and measure. Just as there is a measurable rhythm in plants when transforming from its roots to leaves, and then in the flowers and fruits, the same rhythm or process exists for everything else. Just as in mathematics there are no tricks, so is in life. He who tries to manipulate life's mathematics will only deceive himself."
The message of Sri Sri Thakur to the world at large is to read the Book of Nature. The teachings of selfless devotion and cooperation as practiced in Nature constitute true religion. Such religion, based on Nature's truth and reasoning, is applicable to all the creatures and is bound to be of universal acceptance. Live and let live has to be the motto of everyone. Then and then only true socialism will usher in and lead to the formation of a classless society based on equal rights and responsibilities, like members of a large joint family.
True Religion is a Science
- What is intrinsically natural is religion. Religion is not without the reality.
- Pursuit of religion is to accept those inherent natural characteristics and follow them.
- Religion is not imagination or fanciful talks. Life itself is a religion.
- Religion is based on science, logic, mathematics and universal tune.
Who is a true Guru
India's Vedic Society - The Golden Age
- Our universe is created in harmony. The manifest objects of the universe are ingrained in harmony and balance. We must follow this great example of equality and egalitarianism in our society. This is the foundation of a classless Vedic society that once existed in ancient India.
- Several thousand years ago, there were no gods or goddesses. But there was a classless and transparent society founded on the principles of harmony, equality, relationship, non-violence, justice and liberty for all. People even did not know about crimes, dishonesty and lies. That age was India's true golden age.
MEDITATE ON THE GREAT VOID
Super-conscious being is the source of our consciousness. But super-conscious is not traceable. He remains hidden. All our search for him ends in nothing. All paths lead us to a void.
Vedas relate to knowledge of the matter and substances of the Great Void. This knowledge is "Tattwa" (Theory of knowledge or eternal principles).
Chakras - Force Centres
- How wonderfully, how rhythmically, are the organs of our body set by the Creator! The entire body is based on the mathematical rule of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Not only the principles of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are present, but also rhythm, metre, measure and tempo exist in our bodies. The hardships and troubles of this routine world are among the tunes by which the Universal Tune can be mastered.
By having mastery over Sa, Re, Ga, Ma, etc one can master all the musical tunes, similarly by concentrating on the seven Chakra - Muladhar Swadhisthan, Manipur, Anahata, Bishuddha, Aggya, and Sahasrar one can realize the eternal truth or the Universal Tune. The eternal tune lay secured within the compass of these seven Chakra.
Mind is a Matter
- Our Mind is also a matter. Both our physical body and mind are made up of the same material although it is difficult to accept this readily, as mind is too tiny an object to search. Body and mind are the two states of the same matter like ice and water.
- Just as the fragrance of a flower is a matter, so is mind the scent of the body. It spreads everywhere. It exists everywhere, in everything.
- Science is aware of the different forms of energy but there is little awareness about the power of mind which controls all other forms of power or energy in this material world. It is the power of mind that makes everything work.
- Our human body, importantly the human mind, serves the purpose of a lens through which the power of universe is focussed.
Your Inner Voice is your Guide
Your inner voice is your true friend, philosopher and guide in this strange and extraordinary world.
Your inner voice alone knows you fully well, and is a witness to all your thoughts, deeds and actions.
What is true peace and happiness?
- Everyone is searching for peace and happiness in this world. Is it ever achieved?
- You may run away from worldly troubles and suffering or escape from problems of family life. But can you escape from yourself? Your senses? Your desires? Your needs? Your emotions?
Sound of Mantra (Sacred Words)
- A phonetic analogy may be traced out between different words of different languages, because the genetics of the instinctive sounds are derived from the same Universal Tune of the creation.
- Remember that all creatures have equally contributed to the genesis of language. The sounds of cries of different animals and birds have individually influenced and caused transformation and development of languages in the world.
Truth is always Eternal
- Whatever is true is eternal.
- Eternal truth is universal and timeless.
- Truth is religion. Religion is Truth.
- Religion is what sustains the created world.
This Living World is a Sound Wave
1) This manifest world of matter is a sound wave. Sound indicates the materiality of matter as sound cannot travel through a vacuum.
2) Sound is inseparably associated with this Universe. The sound perception is controlling every aspect of sense perception. Sound and sense go hand in hand.
3) Sound itself is creation. Sound is always in its original state. Therefore it can flow ceaselessly with the Universal Tune.
Who is a real Ascetic
- Who is a real Sanyaas or an Ascetic? Is he one who only observes religious rites and rituals or ceremonies? What is the necessity of doing so? Why is there a taboo about women and wealth in the life of an ascetic? We first need to understand the real meaning of the term "Sanyaas" or an "Ascetic" and the method of attaining it.
- A real ascetic is one who does not worry about the injunctions of the rules of an ascetic life but concentrates on the objective. The result will depend on his or her will power.